Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Story: Before Marriage (Part 2)

Quick note: I share this to give background to my story and to show that I am not perfect

Read Part 1 here.

BYU was everything I imagined. I loved the dorms. I loved my roommate and the other girls in my hall (my best friends to this day). I loved the mountains, walking around campus, being on my own, and feeling like an "adult" for the first time.

I spent the first year learning more about the Gospel. Growing my testimony. Making mistakes. Repenting. Reading the Book of Mormon. Studying. Eating tomato soup made in the microwave. Having late night dance parties. 

Some of the best memories from college are from that freshmen year.

The next two years were much of the same.

I had boyfriends. Even serious, in-"love" ones. But, those all ended at some time or another.

I kept the same roommates. A couple of them got married. And I made some other really great friends. 

In the last place I lived before getting married I remember, very vividly, attending a Sunday School class on Sunday. The teacher asked us to write down all the characteristics we desired in a future husband/wife.

I know, I know. How Young Women's of a lesson.

I kept that piece of paper as a reminder. Top of the list: Worthy Priesthood holder. Others included: returned missionary, loving, loves his family, love the Gospel, strong testimony, good with kids, fulfills callings, etc. 

That is what I was looking for. That is what I expected. That is what I deserved. 

Forever. 




No comments:

Post a Comment